When picturing a perfect partner, one must think of someone closer to their age or at least in the same generation. However, celebrities do not believe that love always work that way. Some couples might have faced severe backlash regarding their age difference but they managed to stay closer than ever. So, here are 7 celebrity couples who make it work somehow.
Celebrity couples with age gap up from 10 to 15 years
- Jay-z, 50 and Beyoncé, 38 are one of the most active celebrity couples when it comes to philanthropy. The couple shares 12 year age difference along with business partnership and 3 children. It might come as a surprise to some that these guys have been together for a lot longer time than their age difference.
- Priyanka Chopra, 37 and Nick Jonas, 27 was perhaps the most whirlwind romance of the year 2017. After only 2 months of dating, Nick and Priyanka tied the knot in a destination wedding ceremony in India that lasted for 5 days. A subtle message for other celebrity couples to stop doing it secretly.
- Megan Fox, 33 and Brian Austin Green, 46 have had their fair share of ups and downs. The couple has announced their divorce multiple times but always found their way back to each other. They got married when Megan was 18 and Brian was 30 years old.
Age gap from 15 to 30 years
- Amal, 41 an international human rights lawyer was finally able to sway the world’s most eligible bachelor; George Clooney, 58. They got married in 2014 and welcomed the twins in 2017.
- Harrison Ford, 78 met ‘Supergirl’s actress Calista Flockhart, 55 at a 2002 Golden Globe Award ceremony. Unlike most celebrity couples in their age group, the couple prefers small family to have all the time to themselves. They got married in 2010 and only have one adopted son.
Age gap from 30 to 50 years
- Richard Gere, 70 and Alejandra Silva, 36 has been trying to secretly date since 2014. However, after Gere’s second divorce in 2016, it was finally revealed that the couple got married in 2018. They just welcomed a son in 2019 and Silva is already expecting their second child. Talk about happily making it work.
- Mick Jagger, 76 and Melanie Hamrick, 32 share the biggest age gap in this list of celebrity couples. Despite being 44 years apart from each other, the two deeply fell in love. The singer was previously involved with two spouses before falling for the beautiful ballerina. The couple has been together for 6 years and have a son.