Chinese super league is expanding to massive proportions. Football experts believe that Chinese super league football domination dream may become a reality one day.
The amount of spending by the CSL has taken the world of football by storm. Many of the football clubs in Europe fear that Chinese Super League football domination may mean that it becomes bigger than English Premier League someday.
President Supporting Chinese Super League Football Domination
It is more than business for China. The Chinese President, Xi Jinping is considered a big fan of football. The President of China wants to host the 2030 football world cup and wishes his country to win it by 2050.
Chinese Super League football domination is inevitable because of the amount of spending and the passion behind the game.
Some Interesting Facts about the Chinese Super League
Three highest transfers by CSL so far.
- Oscar moved to Shanghai SIPG from Chelsea for GBP 60 million.
- Hulk transferred to Shanghai SIP from FC Saint Petersburg for GBP 48 million.
- Alex Teixeira to Jiangsu Sunning from Shakhtar Donetsk for GBP 42 million.
Top three highest paid weekly salaries in Chinese Super League.
- Carlos Tevez by Shanghai Shenhua for GBP 615,000.
- Oscar by Shanghai SIPG for GBP 400,000.
- Ezequiel Lavezzi by Hebei China Fortune for GBP 400,000.
Shanghai SIPG has spent GBP 140.35 million, topping the chart for the highest spending club within the CSL.
CSL does not allow more than four foreign players to play in the league. Out of those four, only three are allowed to play at any time.
The highest all time score for Chinese Super League is Elkeson Shanghai SIPG as of 2016, scoring 70 goals.
The CSL league is estimated to have 84 foreign players out of 517.
Opening Week of the Chinese Super League
Here are some amazing moments of the CSL’s first week.
- The opening week of CSL witnessed some excellent football matches. Teams scored a total of 19 goals.
- The duo of former Chelsea players helped Shanghai register a 5-1 win.
- Shandong Luneng defeated Tianjin Teda, despite Mikel John Obi doing his best.
- Papiss Cisse scored the second goal of the match for Felix Magath.
- Guangzhou R &F defeated Tianjin Quanjin 2-0.
- Shanghai SIPG currently leads the point scoring table of the Chinese Super League on goal difference.
Great Response from the Crowd
The audiences were excited about the Chinese Super League in China. Over 200,000 fans watched the matches of CSL during the first three days of the league, averaging 25,000 spectators each game. Luiz Luiz Felipe Scolari’s side saw the biggest attendance, with over 48,000 spectators coming to see the match.