A sore throat is an irritation that no one wants to have. However, sometimes we find no way to get rid of it. There are many sore throat remedies that you can use. These solutions act as sore throat treatment for people having a choking feeling. Let us have a look at the different remedies for relief.
What Helps a Sore Throat?
Let us have a look at some sore throat remedies which can instantly help.
- Try avoiding the irritants which cause the problem in the first place like smoking or dusting.
- Sometimes a hard candy can help soothe a sore throat.
- You can use a humidifier inside your room to help improve the interior of your room.
- Sometimes, gargles with salt water can help.
- Some beverages and foods can provide temporary relief like ice pops.
- You also need to take plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration.
How to Prevent
Here are some ways of preventing a sore throat.
- You need to avoid close contact with sick people.
- Keep your room or house clean as an unclean interior leads to increase in bacteria responsible for throat infections.
- You can cough or sneeze into a tissue instead of your hand.
- Avoid sharing utensils with other people.
Home Remedies for Sore Throat
Here are some useful home remedies you can try.
The use of peppermint helps freshen your breath. You can also get diluted peppermint sprays for healing the sore throat. The ingredient of menthol in peppermint calms the coughs and thin mucus.
Honey can help you soothe your sore throat. This homemade remedy is equally effective during the day and night times. Some studies also show that it may also contribute to healing the wounds in the throat.
The use of salt water helps by breaking the secretions. The salt water is also effective in soothing the throat. The salt water is also known to kill bacteria. You can take a glass of water with a half-teaspoon of salt in it.
Gargle with Baking Soda
If the salt water remedy fails to work for you, you can mix a bit of baking soda in it. The gargling with baking soda and salt water can help soothe your throat. This solution also helps prevent bacteria growth besides fighting against fungi and yeast.
Garlic contains many useful anti-bacterial characteristics. Allicin in garlic can help fight the infections. Some researchers point to the fact that garlic supplement helps prevent against the common cold virus.