The IPL season 10 will start on Wednesday. Despite all the controversies of the past, the tournament seems to be going strong. IPL remains one of the most sorts after shorter League T20 tournaments in the world cricket.
The IPL season 10 is featuring eight different teams.
The Title Race for IPL Season 10
Two teams, Mumbai Indians, and Kolkata Knight Riders will be hoping to have the win for the third time.
Mumbai Indians won the IPL tournament in the years 2013 and 2015. Kolkata Knight Riders won the IPL tournament in the years 2012 and 2014. Any of these two teams winning the title would be a record within the IPL.
Sunrisers Hyderabad has won this tournament last time, and it will try to defend its title. Royal Challenges Bangalore made it to the IPL Final thrice in 2009, 2011 and 2016 but were not able to win it. Royal Challengers Bangalore will like to taste the win and perhaps turn their luck this time around.
Delhi Daredevils and Kings XI Punjab participated in all seasons of IPL but were not able to leave with an impressionable performance.
Gujarat Lions and Rising Pune Supergiant are only getting featured the second time in the IPL season 10. Only time will tell if they can make an impression at the biggest T20 domestic event in India.
Here are some fun facts on IPL
- Ashok Dinda played for four franchises so far, whenever he played for a franchise, that IPL team ended up in the bottom four.
- Gautam Ghambir tops the table for the most number of the fifties in IPL (26) and most number of Ducks (11).
- Piyush Chawla is an interesting character of IPL. This man has bowled more than 360 overs without bowling a No-ball. However, he is that bowler who conceded the most number of sixes in the IPL.
- Parthiv Patel is the most rotated player in the Indian Premier League as he has played so far for six different teams.
- Robin Uthappa and Manish Pandey remained on the same team during eight seasons of IPL despite playing for four different teams. 2008: Mumbai Indians, 2009 & 2010: Royal Challengers Bangalore, 2011 to 2013: Pune Warriors India, and 2014 to 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders.
- During the 2013 Indian Premier League Season Dale Steyn bowled 407 balls out of which 212 (more than 50%) were dot balls.
- Adam Gilchrist had best bowling figures in IPL where he bowled just one ball and took the wicket of Harbhajan Singh.
- Suresh Raina has scored the most runs in the Indian Premier League.
- Rohit Sharma and Yousaf Pathan are the only two players who played in three IPL finals and won them.
Upcoming IPL Season 10 Matches
The first match of the IPL season 10 will take place between Sunrisers Hyderabad with Royal Challengers Bangalore on Wednesday.
The second match of the IPL season 10 will be played between Rising Pune Supergiants and Mumbai Indians.
The third match has been scheduled for Friday to be played between Gujarat Lions and Kolkata Knight Riders.